Thursday, December 17, 2009

Update

I've figured out my plans (for the most part) and it looks like I'll be home on February 8th/9th. Woohoo! I am so excited for my upcoming trip to Australia too!!!! I can hardly handle it. I am heading to Sydney on the 26th, to meet my Mom and Tom, and we are going to be there through the New Year. Kim joins us on New Year's Eve and then we are off to Cairns to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef. We also have a white water rafting trip and hike through the rainforest planned. Kim goes home on the 5th and we head to Ayer's Rock, which is a huge rock in the desert in the middle of Australia and it's a monumental part of the country. The plan is to hire a car and we are going to Alice Springs and King's Canyon through the 11th. At that point, my Mom and Tom head back to Sydney and I'm going to hop on a bus and head to Adelaide which is supposed to be this cool, hippy-type town with a great live music scene. I'm going to hang there for a few days, and then I fly to Brisbane, which has some of the best surfing in Australia. I'm not the greatest surfer in the world but I am determined to get up one more time in my life so this could be my chance!!!! :) Anyway, I will then go to the place that I am volunteering for a couple of weeks- I found a meditation retreat that will take me on... I am so excited! Here's the web address if you want to check it out: www.upc.com.au. It is surrounded by mountains and its supposed to be quite peaceful. It's just the kind of break I was hoping for. I am really looking forward to some down time where I can collect my thoughts and relax a bit. I have to work 4-6 hours/day but that doesn't seem that bad considering I'm getting room and board taken care of. I will head back to Sydney on the 27th or so and then I'm flying back to Bangkok on the 2nd. I will be here for Kim's birthday, for Debbie's (Joann's sister) 40th and hopefully, I will get to see everyone one last time. I also get to leave some stuff here which is incredibly helpful!

My last day of work is on Saturday and I'm really happy that this day has come. I feel good about the decision I made and that it's the right one for me. It has been tough to say goodbye to all of my students and a bit strained between my boss and I but everyone ultimately understands. It was pretty funny to have one of my student's Mom look me up and down the other day and tell me that I don't look sick. Oh, I'm sorry- I didn't know you were a doctor! Do you want to know all of my symptoms or should we just move on? :)

I'm pretty well packed in my mind to leave this place but my stuff is a different story. I'm stressed about it but I'm sure I can get it all taken care of next week so I'm trying not to be too stressed.

That's it for now! I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your holidays. I'm sending you some Christmas cheer, smiles and good times.

XOXO,
Sonya

No comments:

Post a Comment